Speaking of BVD Underwear
(And I was if you paid attention to my last three postings) You can still purchase, wear and enjoy underwear similar to BVD's, the type of suits your relatives wore a mere 100 years ago, and as did Lucius in the film, The Reivers.
Take a look at summer one-piece, short underwear that Retro Jeff and Buckeye Mike have resorted to these past smokey, sweltering, dog days of summer:
Don't know about the thin shoulder straps even in the summer time but would like to find the type of "summer union suit" that Retro is wearing in his two last pictures. But maybe without the double buttons. That type would "suit" me as you would say, Chris, to a tee for summer underwear here in in Waterville, Maine ....Cory
ReplyDeleteBy the way....The Reivers was a great movie. I really enjoyed seeing (had not even heard of it until you brought it too my attention! ....Cory
DeleteCory, I imagine your Summers in Maine are cooler and less humid than mine in Illinois so you would definitely enjoy a short union suit like the vintage Calvin Klein one I found on eBay. I do wish I could find some of this design in an actual rib knit material with snugger fitting cuffed sleeves and legs. But when those dog days hit, you'd be surprised at how comfortable that sleeveless version can be for doing chores or just relaxing on the porch.----- Retro Jeff in Illinois
DeleteI’ll second Retro Jeff’s assessment of the thin strap athletic union suits. Cory. They are surprisingly comfortable plus the added bonus of a back hatch…… Buckeye Mike
ReplyDelete