5/04/2020

Hello Union Suit Fans:

Today is an anniversary for me. It was on this day, May 4th in 2016, that I began a blog on of all things Long Underwear. A specific kind of long underwear: Union Suits. The kind worn by men and boys (and some women) for generations. Four years ago I named my new blog, Union Suit Fan, for that is what I've been since I was a boy. Two years later I began this, my second blog, Union Suit Fans in the Limelight to recognize those who enjoy performing in their full body long underwear. There are enough Union Suit wearing guys around these days for two sites.

Now, admittedly, that was a pretty silly thing on which to base a social media subject. Union Suits! I wasn't sure such a topic would be of interest or enjoyable for anyone besides me. But, as things turned out, others thought the subject of Union Suits with articles and photos was fun too.

Men and women from all over the country and many parts of the world have checked in here. I've heard from so very many of you in emails and through notes you have left on this sight. I've heard from Union Suit Fans from most every state in the U.S. I have met new friends through their emails from Canada, the U.K., Poland, France, and Australia. Readers from nearly thirty countries have viewed my blogsI've learned from you Union Suits have universal appeal.

Men who have never worn one-piece underwear have read about them and seen photos of other men and boys wearing and enjoying them. They have bought one or two and, with only one exception, have adopted them as their new winter underwear. Together, we have poked a little fun at each other and viewed famous people in their Union Suits.

In this trying time of Corvid-19 with the illness and deaths spreading all over the world, I pause this anniversary day to pray for the lost souls and the families of deceased love ones. It is my sincere hope today, my friends, that you are well and safe. 

I want to thank the many, many of you who have contributed over this time with your pictures, comments, and above all your guest articles. It has been my pleasure to get to know you through our "intimate" apparel.

Tomorrow, I will search for new ways to bring you a little cheer, a little warmth, and a little fun. Humor in this time is a tonic. Union Suits are to be worn, shown, laughed at, remembered, and enjoyed. In the meantime dear friends stay safe and warm, wear those masks, follow directives, stay alive so we can remain friends through this blog for a few more years to come.

Sincerely,

Chris Ayers


Added from May 5, 2020 emails. This from Buckeye Mike of Canton, OH:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHRIS!!!!! 
       Really nice post today. I appreciate you and your writing / storytelling abilities more than I can find words to express. You have an uncanny ability to put smiles on the faces of your readers. Keep up the good work. Our world needs more of your type of human interest based work...Buckeye Mike 

and from Sandra of Waco, TX:

My husband and I really really enjoy your humorous take on the world of long underwear. He's always been partial to long john union suits. Your stories make us laugh. Happy Anniversary and many more... Sandra 

Thanks, Mike and Sandra. Great to have you on board! ... Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment