9/22/2020

Well, that didn't take long. Peter Kenth answered correctly the name of the movie in which a pleasant drunk wildly danced outside the Red Dog Saloon in his union suit. See my previous posting of September 16th where I posed the question. The film was Warner Brothers "The Frisco Kid," filmed in 1979 and, as Peter pointed out, starred Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford. I'm not absolutely certain, but believe the long underwear clad actor was Alex Romero:


Peter also noted that Wilder and Ford swan in their union suits in another scene in this movie. Their Pacific Ocean frolicking came to an abrupt end when, still in their underwear, they had it out on the beach in a gun fight with some ner'-do-wells out to kill them:










Earlier in the movie, Wilder is stripped to his union suit, thrown out of his wagon, and left on a deserted road to fend for himself:










In the coming days, I will post more shots from this union suit laden film. In the meantime, take a look at this movie. It will make you smile if not outright laugh... Chris


3 comments:

  1. a great movie. Here is another movie with union suits in the movies Escanaba inda moonlight

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escanaba_in_da_Moonlight
    Jeff Daniels in his white union suit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter: "Escanaba in da Moonlight" is a classic, isn't it. Several months ago I had mentioned I would do a posting of this movie. But just haven't gotten around to it yet. I should. Since it is a deer hunting film, I should post my thoughts with pics this deer hunting season. I have a dvd of this movie and we watch it at least once a year and share it with friends. If I remember correctly, this first was a play presented at various community theatres. Thanks for the reminder, Peter. Send me an email: cayersnd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason of LA emailed me: "Chris take a look at Rabbi Wilder's rear flap. Some Hollywood costumer designer took a modern day union suit with vertical flap (probably a one button) and attempted to make it in to "drop seat" underwear! Five buttons were sewed across the vertical flap in attempt to make it look authentic for union suits back then. LOL... Jason"

    Jason: Geez, are you ever observant!! I've enjoyed this movie and have recommended it to Union Suit Fans but did not even notice his flap. That's hilarious. I'll have to check if Harrisons Ford's union suit is constructed the same way! ...Chris

    ReplyDelete