10/25/2022

 Coming Soon: Escanaba in da Moonlight.


My recent stint in the Canadian cabin with buddies of mine (See my posting in 
Union Suit Fan) reminded me alot of this great movie (originally in theaters) of Jeff Daniels and the fellows cavorting around their cabin (and outside) in their union suits on a deer hunt. They gathered in Michigan's Upper Peninsula; we held court up in Canada. I just emailed my very good friend, Joe of NYC, that me and my pals were just like the men in this movie, running around the cabin in our long underwear but with less farting. LOL.  I soon hope to 
share my take with you of the fabulous and entertaining film, Escanaba in Da Moonlight.. Chris 

Added November 10, 2022:  Chris, not long ago I watched The Westerner, a TV show back in the 1960's on Grit. The one I saw was called "Line Shack" or something like that. It had Robert Culp and Brian Keith in it. It was about a bunch of men holed up in a cabin playing cards and drinking whiskey in only their union suits. Drinking through the night, the inebriated men got on each others nerves. So the ending had a shootout after one of them strapped on a six-shooter over his long white underwear like those you are wearing, then stepped outside and had it out with Brian Keith.

That show reminded me of you and your friends at your cabin wearing only your union suits.*  Hope you boys didn't get on each others nerves and took a shot at each other! Take a look at that show. It was pretty entertaining... Chase (Monroe, Louisiana)


Added October 26, 2022: Several of you have asked how many of us were staying up in the Canadian cabin, including Joe of NYC who emailed:
 
You and your buddies were in a cabin. Were you the only one who wore a union suit or the only one, in the true John Payne* spirit, who was brave and bold enough to be photographed?

Seth Takes in Some Fresh Morning Air
Three of us wore union suits and one hold-out wore his inferior two-piece long johns. (True Idahoers wear union suits, including two of my three boys!) A few iphone photos were taken of us sitting around drinking beer and playing cards in our long underwear in the evenings, and again in the morning, drinking coffee. Seth takes a breather outside. I guess Joe's indication of me being in the "John Payne* spirit is correct," just like so many of you who send in photos of yourselves in your union suits for posting.




If memory serves, three of the deer hunters in Escanaba in Da Moonlight ran around in their white and red union suits and one, the game warden, was shown in his boxer shorts and an A-shirt. The dad of the brothers was probably wearing a union suit too but always shown wearing clothes...Chris  


*John Payne as Vint Bonner in the old television western, The Restless Gun, posted in Union Suit Fan February 6, 2020. The Episode was called "The Englishman."


3 comments:

  1. Chris: are you wearing boxer shorts under your union suit? Doesn't look like Jeff Daniels or Seth are.
    Just wondering....Cory of Waterville, Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cory: you are sure observant. Yes, I'm wearing boxers under my long underwear for extra support! I can't vouch for Seth or Jeff but I agree they don't seem to be wearing underwear under their union suits! LOL ... Chris

      Delete
  2. Now Chris, deer hunters and cowboys don't wear boxers under their union suits!! LOL... Kyle, Olympia, WA

    ReplyDelete